Volunteering | 6 months | July 2022
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian assistance to support those in urgent need and protect human dignity, while creating long-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED seeks to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; together they construct effective governance and support the building of civil society around the world by investing in people and their potential.
Going the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects annually, reaching over 20 million users.
ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria since 2012 with a dual approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectoral emergency services and implements a wide range of resilience-building interventions. Therefore, ACTED was able to strengthen its ties with Syrian local communities and develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
1. Contribute to ACTED compliance and accountability
- Provide support to the Finance Officer in controlling the compliance of ACTED documentation by verifying the accuracy, completeness and consistency of information contained in these documents in accordance with ACTED and donor procedures for capital and field costs (scope to be determined by CFM/CD); and submit consolidated discrepancy reports to the country finance manager.
- Support the Finance Officer in verifying financial transactions of partners and ensure correct allocation to appropriate budget lines through a checklist; upon request, travel to the field and physically execute a random sample of partner vouchers and ensure financial transactions meet donor requirements
- Propose updates and improvements to ACTED’s CFM-related procedures;
- Support for the preparation of an external audit.
2. Control of tools for monthly internal reporting
Accounting (PRATIC) examination – between the 10th and the 15th
make sure that:
- financial flows are recorded monthly in SAGA
- cross-country flows (including HQ) are well crossed before local salaries are paid
- Monthly InforEuro exchange rate table with exchange rates entered in SAGA
Review of the finances of TITANIC – between the 10th and the 15th
- SAGA and Allocation Table cross-check: in case of discrepancy, send a list of corrections to be confirmed by CFM for the finance officer to correct the data in the SAGA or allocation tables;
- Cross-check allocation tables and monthly forecasts in Budget Monitoring (BFU): in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections that CFM needs to confirm for the financial officer;
- Cross checking of data consistency between SAGA, BFU, CFU and DFU;
- Cross-check the red cell game with physical vouchers received at the state office level;
- Cross-checking that co-founder tracking is BFU compliant (including the co-founder section);
- Review monthly ATROCE: general information, template, project data, amounts reported and installments received (both field and headquarters level)
- Complete the TITANIC sequel
Cost control – between the 10th and 15th
- Detect possible variations in the monitoring of monthly running costs and inform the CFM accordingly (via letter);
- At the request of CFM, conduct market research;
- Prepare a monthly report on financial control
HR TITANIC – between the 25th and 30th
- Cross-check consistency of analytic allocation between allocation tables, personnel database and HR TITANIC.
3. Provide support for daily tasks:
- Budget preparation
- Draft financial statements
- Preparation of financial statements
- In the middle of the year and the annual calculation
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in finance, auditing, business management, economics or similar
- Financial and accounting skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastery of the main formulas for database management)
- Ability to take responsibility and effectively manage stress
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- $300 per diem
- Accommodation and food in the guesthouse ACTED
- Entry and exit tickets + Visa are taken over by ACTED
- Provision of health insurance and repatriation insurance
How to apply
Send your application (CV and cover letter) to email@example.com Ref: CFV/WOS
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.