Deadline: August 20, 2022
Applications are open for the UK Future Growth Fund 2022 for Black Entrepreneurs. Future 100 provides investment and access to supply chains, backed by expert business advice, coaching and mentoring, to break down the significant barriers black UK entrepreneurs face in setting up and growing their businesses.
The program will also create a vital and close-knit cohort of Black British entrepreneurs, with valuable, regular opportunities to network and share experiences, successes and challenges. This flagship program’s focus on economic empowerment and equal opportunity will reduce inequality and enable young black entrepreneurs to thrive and succeed.
The Future 100 will:
- Offer funding of up to £15,000 to the most innovative new business ideas and exciting existing companies.
- Give black entrepreneurs access to supply chains, connections and insights from global business. Sky is actively diversifying its supply chains to create greater opportunities for black businesses.
- Offer a tailored 12-week program of workshops and insight days with Sky executives and other market leading experts
- Work with a network of mentors and community organizations to advise and help new businesses through direct financial support and products that nurture talent and innovation.
- Support black founders and entrepreneurs with relevant knowledge and skills, as well as opportunities to meet influencers, potential partners and funders.
- Generate much-needed research and data on what works in overcoming the barriers faced by black British entrepreneurs. Real-life examples of successes and challenges from the Future 100 will be widely shared, encouraging other companies to invest in future programs.
- Open to applicants aged between 18 and 30 of Black African, Black Caribbean, Black British and/or mixed race descent. You must be a UK resident.
- Whether you’ve been working on an idea in your spare time, have a small growing party or have the beginnings of a successful business, the Future 100 Growth Fund can help.
They are interested in hearing from idea businesses, start-ups and enterprises with high potential for growth, acceleration and scalability. Your business should be:
- UK registered
- Data – or technology driven and if available have an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Ready to scale up – you may already have some investment (from family, friends or other sources)
As a founder you will need to:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 and be a UK resident. They are particularly interested in supporting black female founders.
- Of Black African, Black Caribbean, Black British and/or mixed race descent (at least one company founder must be of Black descent).
- You own at least 10% of the company and have knowledge of the business sector and industry.
- Be able to commit to a 12-week hybrid program of strategic workshops, insight day events, networking evenings and other events.
They are particularly interested in hearing from candidates from the digital marketing, creative, media and technology, sports technology, professional services, entertainment, logistics, education, health and lifestyle, FinTech and IoT sectors.
It will ask you to fill out a form describing your business idea and the problem it solves. They are also interested in hearing about your motivation for developing the idea.
After applications close, they will review applications and spend time learning more about your team, market, progress and idea through a two-stage interview process. Their goal is to notify the final group of companies and founders by the end of August.
Click here to apply
For more information visit Fund for future growth.