TITLE: PROGRAM FINANCE COORDINATOR
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal
THEY ARE BUILDING: 3
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 2 years
Level 1: the role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, nor access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be required unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the level of child protection will be reviewed.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The West and Central Africa Region has a Regional Office (RO) in Dakar. The primary role of the RO is to support and build the capacity of nine state offices throughout the region. The RO is also a small business unit in its own right and as such receives funding from SCI and donors to run surveillance-related operations as well as regional programs. The RO will need background support to ensure proper use and management of these funds; The Program Finance Coordinator supports the financial operations of the RO.
The Program Finance Coordinator will work as part of WCA’s regional finance team and his/her primary function is to act as the finance point person for regional office implementing partners and assign financial management. The Program Finance Coordinator contributes to the implementation of policies and procedures and ensures that controls and procedures are implemented for regional awards and partners. The post holder also works closely with the RO Finance Manager to lead the RO Finance function.
Reports for: Regional Finance Director (indirectly reporting to SIDA CSO project manager)
Nnumber of direct reports: One Program Finance Officer
Role dimensions: The regional office of the SCI WCA has a total annual expenditure of about 10 million dollars, with 4 million dollars for the basic work of the RO (overseeing the work of the 9 state offices in the region) and 6 million dollars for the programs carried out by the RO. The program finance coordinator will deal with the financial management of these programs, especially the SIDA CSO project.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
– Work with budget holders to ensure that the correct budget phases are completed and uploaded to the financial system.
– Ensure budgets are uploaded to the Agresso financial system and transactions are tracked for accuracy
– Ensure compliance with Save the Children’s global policies and basic standards regarding financial processes and procedures.
– Work closely with the Business Development team to establish and consolidate any regional budget proposal
– Prepare monthly budget vs. actual reports (BVA) for budget holders for awarding awards, discussing and agreeing actions with budget holders
– Process the redistribution of costs according to the requirements of the budget holders.
– Undertake all necessary financial actions before closing the awards
– Mark all unspent rewards at least three months before the closing date
– Mark and prepare all necessary adjustments to transactions
– Continually improve compliance with donor regulations and flag any exceptions with management
– Collaborate with the financial manager of the RO to collect the necessary information for the master budget and
– Prepare financial reports of regional awards for donors
– Monitor partner expense review and follow-up to obtain any missing documents and clarifications
– Reconcile partner accounts
– Ensure that up-to-date, accurate and complete paper files of all awards and partner documents are maintained.
– Carrying out monitoring visits of partners and training
– Ensure that regional awards are ready for revisions
– Collect documentation for audits and establish contact with auditors as needed
– Leads the program finance officer in the successful execution of his tasks
– Undergo short remote transfers to government offices in the region to assist with financial obligations
related to programs
– Perform other relevant Save the Children duties as assigned by the supervisor
BEHAVIORS (Values in practice)
* considers himself responsible for making decisions, effectively managing resources, achieving and exemplifying the values of Save the Children
* holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to work in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve
performance and application of appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
* sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself and his team, takes responsibility for his own personal development and encourages his team to do the same
* widely shares his personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* future-oriented, thinks strategically and on a global level.
* builds and maintains effective relationships, with his team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
* values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
* develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* willing to take disciplinary risk.
* honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest level of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Qualified accountant CPA or ACCA and degree in business subjects
* At least one year of experience in personnel management
* At least three years of experience at the level of financial officer or more in an international organization or similar institution
* Knowledge of principles of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
* Experience working with local organizations as implementation partners
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial statements, reports and projections
* High level of written and verbal communication in English and French and interpersonal skills.
* Proven computer knowledge and experience (MS-Excel, PowerPoint & MS-Word), preferably with Agresso accounting package.
How to apply
To apply, follow this link: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aC5zYW5pLjc0ODMxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ