- One of the key factors driving the growth of the alternative finance market is better returns for investors. The average yield on FDs or 10-year government bonds in developed countries such as the UK and the US is around 1%-3%, and alternative funding platforms such as LendingClub and Funding Circle provide a theoretical average yield of 7%.
- Another key factor driving the growth of the alternative finance market is rapid growth in APAC. For example, the number of SMEs in China was approximately 18.07 million by the end of 2018. Similarly, according to data released by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), from March 2020there were 63.3 million (6.33 Crore) SMEs present throughout India.
- High risk of loan default is one of the key challenges that hinders the growth of the alternative finance market. For example, default rates for LendingClub and Prosper Marketplace on loans with repayment periods of three years or more average around 10%-14%. High-risk lenders such as Bondora Capital, which provide loans to clients with very poor credit, have a loan rate of up to 25%-30% of the total loan volume.
For more insights into the latest drivers, trends and challenges to help companies assess and develop growth strategies. Request a sample copy (including charts and tables) of this report
Alternative finance market: What are the revenue generating segments?
- P2P lending
- Trading invoices
Alternative finance market: What are the key regions?
- North America
- south america
Download a sample report Using Business Email ID to gain further insight into the market share and contribution of various segments and higher priority regions
- CircleUp Network Inc.
- Crowdfunder Ltd.
- Fundable LLC
- Funding Circle Holdings Plc
- Fundrise LLC
- GoFundMe Inc.
- Indiegogo Inc.
- Kickstarter PBC
- LendingClub Corp.
- Patreon Inc.
Alternative finance market is fragmented, and suppliers apply growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market. Moreover, to make the most of the opportunities and to recover from the impact of COVID-19, suppliers in the market should focus more on growth prospects in fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in slow-growing segments.
For detailed information on the production, sustainability and outlook of the leading companies. View a sample report
What our reports offer:
- Market share estimates for regional and state level segments
- Strategic recommendations for new entrants
- Covers market data for 2020, 2021, to 2025
- Market trends (drivers, opportunities, threats, challenges, investment opportunities and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on market assessments
- Competitive Landscaping Mapping Key Common Trends
- Company profile with detailed strategies, financials and latest developments
- Supply chain trends that map the latest technological advances
Learn more about the analysis of macro and micro economic factors, statistical tools and trend projection. Read a sample report
- Metaverse Finance Market by Components and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026: The metaversal market share in finance is expected to increase to USD 50.37 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 20.93%. The growth of metaversal market share in finance by hardware segment will be significant during the forecast period. Rapid adoption of AR devices and VR headsets by banks and financial institutions to improve customer service and experience, introduction of cutting-edge technology to accelerate innovation in fintech solutions, and growing hardware development are driving the segment forward and thereby driving the growth metaverse market in finance. Find more research insights here
- Personal Finance Software Market by Product, End User and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024: The personal finance software market share is expected to increase by USD 191.74 million from 2019 to 2024, and the market growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4%. 41% of the market growth will come from APAC during the forecast period. India, Chinaand Japan are key personal finance software markets in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than market growth in other regions. Find more research insights here
Scope of the alternative finance market
Growth momentum and CAGR
Accelerate at 10% CAGR
Market growth 2021-2025
176.15 billion dollars
Year-on-year growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America and MEA
Making a market contribution
APAC at 73%
Key consumer countries
China, USA, Great Britain, Germany and Indonesia
The competitive landscape
Leading companies, competitive strategies, extent of consumer engagement
CircleUp Network Inc., Crowdfunder Ltd., Fundable LLC, Funding Circle Holdings Plc, Fundrise LLC, GoFundMe Inc., Indiegogo Inc., Kickstarter PBC, LendingClub Corp. and Patreon Inc.
Analysis of the parent market, Inducers and barriers to market growth, Analysis of fast-growing and slow-growing segments, impact of COVID-19 and future consumer dynamics, analysis of market conditions for the forecast period,
If our report did not include the data you are looking for, you can contact our analysts and customize the segments.
1 Executive summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Home market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Specialized Consumer Services
3 Determining the size of the market
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Suppliers’ offers included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market Outlook: Forecast 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global – Market Size and Forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ Billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global Market: Annual Growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
- 3.5 Types of financial models in alternative finance
4 Five forces analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Analysis of the five forces in 2020 and 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Supplier’s Bargaining Power
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of New Entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of Substitutions
- Exhibit 12: The threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of Rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Rivalry Threat
- 4.7 Market Condition
- Exhibit 14: Market Status – Five Forces 2020
5 Market segmentation by type
- 5.3 P2P Lending – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: P2P Lending – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 ($Billion)
- Exhibit 18: P2P Lending – Annual Growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Crowdfunding – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Crowdfunding – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 ($Billion)
- Exhibit 20: Crowdfunding – Annual growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Invoice Trading – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Invoice Trading – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025 ($Billion)
- Figure 22: Invoice trading – Annual growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by type
- Figure 23: Market opportunity by type
6 User landscape
7 Geographical landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- 7.2 Geographical comparison
- 7.3 APAC – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- 7.4 North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.5 Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.6 south america – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.7 MEA – Market Size and Forecast 2020-2025
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, challenges and trends
9 The supplier landscape
10 Supplier analysis
- 10.2 Market positioning of suppliers
- 10.3 CircleUp Network Inc.
- 10.6 Funding Circle Holdings Plc
- 11.2 Currency conversion rate for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- 11.4 List of Abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights that help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market position. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies spanning 50 countries. Their client base includes businesses of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research and market insights that can be applied to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Executive Director of Media and Marketing
USA: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
Email: [email protected]