Aviatra Accelerators, a non-profit accelerator dedicated to empowering women-owned startups and small businesses, has announced its 2022 launch class.
The class consists of six female entrepreneurs who have been accepted into a 10-week, 30-hour program designed specifically for newer, revenue-generating businesses—those in business between one and three years who want to take their business to the next level.
At the end of the 10-week program, six female entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to compete for $10,000 in funding in Aviatra’s Flight-Night competition on September 7 at Northern Kentucky University’s George and Ellen Rieveschl Digitorium in Griffin Hall.
The roster for the 2022 launch class includes a wide variety of business concepts:
• Molly Hoyingowner of Vale Technologies, LLC which takes CO2 from natural gas and turns it into a recoverable fuel,
• Ann Johnstonowner of Hyde Forty-Seven, a patent-pending line of interchangeable jewelry,
• Helen Is and Julie Rowlandbusiness partners of The Nail Salon Network, creators of an application written in Vietnamese for 60,000 Vietnamese independent nail salon owners to bring overall efficiency to their business and increase profits,
• Abby Rettigowner of Tickety-Boo Treats, maker of allergen-friendly desserts for people with dietary restrictions,
• Christina Kidwellowner of Local Studio 325, a flea market, workshops, day camps and classes for children.
“Startup is rigorous and covers everything from business financing to branding and PR to recruiting, team building, pricing and cash flow. The launch was an integral part of helping hundreds of local women-owned businesses grow strategically,” said Nancy Aichholz, President/CEO of Aviatra Accelerators.
The winners of the Flight Night 2021 competition were Emily Bruns and Sofia Mimendi from Aclipse Campervans and Dominique Khoury from Looqma. Both companies have seen significant business growth since exiting Aviatra’s Launch program.
The six 2022 Launch business owners will create a business plan with a three-year financial projection, validated by the US Small Business Administration, work with an assigned mentor, and participate in networking and coaching during the 10-week program held at the NKU Collaborative in Covington.
For more information about Launch, visit aviatraaccelerators.org.
Aviatra offers two more programs; EXPLORE, an early-stage idea and business validation program, and GROW is continuous sustainability programming. Aviatra also offers a digital, online curriculum platform called Aviatra365.