Who doesn’t love a good pork chop? So flavorful and juicy, it’s the ideal meal for any time of day. Whether you are looking for a savory breakfast or an easy dinner option, this simple recipe is sure to become one of your new favorites. We all lead busy lives, which means we don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen every night after work. With this fast and simple pork chop recipe, you can have a delicious home-cooked meal on the table in no time. This easy breaded pork chops recipe couldn’t be simpler to make and only requires a few ingredients, including boneless pork chops, eggs, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Follow our instructions below to learn how to make these scrumptious pork chops!
Ingredients for Easy Baked Breaded Pork Chops
This simple and easy pork chops recipe will make 4 servings. Here is the ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs – 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder You can use any type of pork chops for this recipe. Try to choose a cut of meat that is between 1/2 and 1 inch thick. If your chops are thicker than that, you may want to pound them to an even thickness before cooking. Seasoned breadcrumbs – If you have homemade breadcrumbs, that will be best, but you can also use store-bought. Any type of seasoned breadcrumbs will work well in this recipe, but we recommend Italian breadcrumbs.
How to make breaded pork chops
First, start by placing the seasoned breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the flour on a plate. Now, coat each pork chop with the flour, then dip it into the egg mixture, and finally, roll in the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat and then transfer the pork chops to a plate lined with paper towels.
Make sure to blot any excess oil from the chops with paper towels. Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes.
Tips for the best-breaded pork chop recipe
- Use a large skillet when frying the pork chops. You want them to have plenty of room to move around so that they brown evenly.
- Make sure your oil is hot before adding the pork chops to the skillet. You don’t want to let the oil get too hot or the chops will release too much fat.
- Let the pork chops cook for at least two minutes before flipping them so that they have time to form a nice crust on the first side.
- Make sure the chops are cooked through before removing them from the skillet. The best way to do this is to use a meat thermometer and to make sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Variations to this easy baked pork chops recipe
There are so many ways to make this recipe your own. Try adding different spices or seasonings to the flour mixture before coating the pork chops. Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, or even a little bit of cinnamon would make great additions to this recipe. You can also change up the sides and serve this pork chop recipe with mashed potatoes, rice, or a salad. If you are looking for a way to switch up your pork chop recipe, try making pork chops in the slow cooker!
This recipe will get you tender and moist pork chops with very little effort. You can also try making an Asian-inspired pork chop recipe by using soy sauce and rice vinegar to marinate the chops before cooking.
Pork chops are such an easy and versatile meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This easy-baked pork chops recipe is the perfect way to enjoy this savory dish. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Try out this recipe today and see why pork chops are such a popular family meal.